Fancy catching a game of football? Spending a sunny afternoon at The Park watching cricket? Or perhaps something more daring, such as stock car racing? Or why not have a go yourself – golf, horse-riding, go-karting, swimming, running a 5K ParkRun or just playing in one of our free parks. Click on the posts below for more information.
This floodlit golf range is suitable for all the familyread more
Buxton is a perfect base to explore the Peak District by bicycle.read more
The Peak District boasts some 10,000 of the best rock climbs in the UK, all for good reason!read more
The Peak District is home to natural potholes and caves for explorers of all ages and abilities.read more
Buxton is surrounded on three sides by the Peak District National Park with its beautiful scenery.read more
Other Sport in the Buxton area
- Buxton Football Club – matches August-April typically Tuesdays at 7.45pm and Saturdays at 3pm, Tarmac Silverlands Stadium, Hardwick Sq South, Buxton, SK17 6QH
- Buxton Cricket Club – matches April-September, Saturdays from 1pm/2pm, Park Rd, The Park, Devonshire Park, Buxton, SK17 6SF
- Buxton Rugby Club – matches typically Saturdays, 5 Sunnyfields, Harpur Hill, Buxton, SK17 9PX
- Buxton Hockey Club – matches typically Saturdays, Buxton Community School, College Rd, Buxton, SK17 9EA
- Buxton Hitmen Speedway – Hi-Edge Raceway, The Frith, Dale Head Lane, Harpur Hill, Buxton, SK17 ORR
- 5k Park Runs with Buxton Athletic Club – Pavilion Gardens (meet Macclesfield Rd end of Broadwalk, 9am), 2nd Saturdays of the month
- Buxton Half Marathon – in May, organised by Buxton Athletics Club
- Carnival Day 5 mile Road Race – in July, organised by Buxton Athletics Club
- 400m track running lines are marked out on Temple Fields, Green Lane, Buxton, SK17 9EA
Swimming & Fitness
- Buxton Swimming and Fitness Centre – St John’s Rd, Buxton, SK17 6BE
- Palace Hotel Gym & Spa – Palace Road, for hotel guests/members only, Buxton, SK17 6AG
- New Bodies Gym – 6 Dew Pond lane, Fairfield, Buxton, SK17 7LF
- CrossFit Buxton – 3B Ladmanlow Yard, Leek Rd, Burbage, Buxton, SK17 6UQ
- Tranformation HQ – 13 High St, Buxton, SK17 6ET
- University of Derby Sports Centre – Trenchard Dr, Harpur Hill, Buxton, SK17 9JY
- Fairfield Youth Centre (including squash courts) – Victoria Park Road, Fairfield, Buxton, SK17 7PE
Licenced river and reservoir locations for fishing can be found all over the Peak District and Derbyshire. The closest location to Buxton for fishing is the Goyt Valley on Errwood and Fernilee Reservoirs managed by Errwood Fly Fishing Club. Licences are available from March to November. Day tickets are available from Jo Royle’s on the Buxton Market Place. Terms and conditions apply.
- Cavendish Golf Club – Watford Rd, Devonshire Park, Buxton, SK17 6XF
- Buxton & High Peak Golf Club – 27 Town End, Fairfield, Buxton, SK17 7EN
- Peak Practice Driving Range – Barms Farm, Fairfield Common, Fairfield, Buxton, SK17 7HW
- Buxton Riding School – Fern Farm, London Rd, Buxton, SK17 9NP
- Northfield Farm Riding & Trekking Centre – Northfield Farm, Flash, near Buxton, Derbyshire. SK17 0SW
Horse Ride Derbyshire maps with all the local trails on can be picked up at the Tourist Information Centre in the Pavilion Gardens.
- Go-karting – Swains Centre, 26, Harpur Hill Industrial Estate, Buxton, SK17 9JL
- Buxton Raceway – Hi-Edge Raceway, The Frith, Dale Head Lane, Harpur Hill, Buxton, SK17 ORR
- Skate Board – at Buxton Skate Park at Cote Heath Park, Buxton, SK17 9EG
Sailing & Watersports
- Tittesworth Water Sports – Tittesworth Reservoir, Fisherman’s Lodge, Meerbrook, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 8SH
Local Sailing Clubs include:
- Errwood Sailing Club – Errwood Reservoir, Sandy Lane, Buxton, SK17 6GJ
- Combs Sailing Club – Combs Reservoir Manchester Rd, High Peak, SK23 9UH
Yoga & Pilates
- Peak Yoga Centre – 27 Lightwood Rd, Buxton, SK17 7BJ
- Buxton Swimming & Fitness Centre – St John’s Road, Buxton, SK17 6BE
- Buxton Yoga Class – Buxton Methodist Church, Chapel St, Buxton, SK17 6HX
Free Sport Facilities
- Ashwood Park – tennis court, basketball/football cage, Bakewell Rd, Buxton, SK17 7DJ
- Pavilion Gardens – outdoor fitness gym, basketball/football half-cage
- Cote Heath Park – goal posts, skate park, basketball/football cage, Buxton, SK17 9EG
- Temple Fields – goal posts, lined running track, cricket square, Buxton, SK17 9EA
Chris Hill Community Sports
Adult and child sports classes and holiday camps with football, dance, multi-sports, gymnastics and adventure camps.
This website is owned and managed by Vision Buxton, Registered in England, No.4309544 (Limited by Guarantee).
Vision Buxton is a membership organisation which brings together local businesses, community groups and individuals who are all passionate about making Buxton an even better place to live work and play.
12 Hardwick Street, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6BN.
Visit Buxton is proudly sponsored by
How to get listed on this website