Buxton Opera House is one of Britain’s leading provincial theatres, practically bursting at the seamsread more
Buxton Cinema, housed in the Pavilion Arts Centre, opened in December 2017.read more
Pavilion Arts Centre The Pavilion Arts Centre is Buxton’s second theatre venue and it is located in the Pavilion Gardens.read more
The Gallery in the Gardens is the showcase for the largest selection of locally made art and craftread more
Discover the archaeology, geology, art and history of the Peak District.read more
Details on where you can find live music in Buxton.read more
The Green Man is an independent contemporary gallery and arts centre in Buxtonread more
Local brass bands play at the Pavilion Gardens bandstand.read more
Open-air, roof-top “venue” in front of The Slopes for live music.read more
Fancy a traditional tea dance? Then foxtrot along to the Pavilion Gardens.read more
Arts in Buxton
- Buxton Museum & Art Gallery – Terrace Rd, SK17 6DA
- Louise Janetta Fine Art Studio & Gallery – 24 Dale Road, SK17 6NL
- The Gallery in the Gardens – Pavilion Gardens, St John’s Rd, SK17 6XN
- The Green Man Gallery – Hardwick Hall, Hardwick Square S, SK17 6PY
- Click here for live music gigs
- Bands on the Bandstand – Pavilion Gardens, St John’s Rd, SK17 6XN
- Pump Room Live – on the roof of the Pump Room,
- Coda Vinyl Cafe – 7.45pm, first Tuesday of the month – 2 South Ave, Buxton, SK17 6JZ
- Earth Pig Pottery – 1hr drop-in session – The Arches Artisan Market, Hogshaw Mill, Fairfield Road, SK17 7DJ
Drawing & Painting
- Life Drawing – Tuesday evenings at the Green Man Gallery – Hardwick Hall, Hardwick Square S, SK17 6PY
- Studio with a View – weekend workshops with Pam Smart – 86 Nunsfield Rd, SK17 7BW
- Buxton Cinema – in the Pavilion Arts Centre
- Buxton Film – Monday evenings at the Pavilion Arts Centre
- Afternoon Tea Dances – in the Octagon Hall at the Pavilion Gardens
- Sensational Salsa – friendly dance classes upstairs at the Old Clubhouse. Beginners 7.30pm-8.30pm and Improvers 8.30pm-9.30pm – Water Street, SK17 6XN.
- Scriveners Bookshop – 2pm, second Sunday of the month – 42 High St, Buxton, SK17 6HB
This website is owned and managed by Vision Buxton, Registered in England, No.4309544 (Limited by Guarantee).
Vision Buxton is a membership organisation which brings together local businesses, community groups and individuals who are all passionate about making Buxton an even better place to live work and play.
12 Hardwick Street, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6BN.
Vision Buxton is proudly sponsored by
How to get listed on this website