Buxton Farmers’ Market
Thursday, December 7th, 2017
09:30 to 14:30
The Farmers’ Markets are the perfect place to pick up delicious and fresh local produce all year round. Now taking place in the Gardens Marquee situated on the Promenade, and overlooking Pavilion Gardens, this really is a delightful market. Stall holders attend from all over the region to ensure that there is a fantastic variety available to purchase including: meats, cheeses, pastries and breads, desserts, preserves, fruits and vegetables. Purchasing from our Farmers’ Market allows you to support the many local producers of the region whilst also reducing your carbon foot print.
You’ll also find that the produce at our Farmers’ Markets is of a higher quality than what you will find elsewhere as the farmers select their produce at the peak of their flavour, preserving the delicious taste and nutritional content.
Alongside the fantastic produce on offer, you will also find stalls offering plants, crafts, and home ware items which make a perfect addition to your food purchases. Many of the items are handmade and unique: unlike anything you will find on the high street!
Below is just some of what you will find at our Farmers’ Markets:
- Variety of locally reared meats, including organic produce
- Fabulous range of home baked cakes, breads and desserts and handmade chocolates.
- Homemade lemon curd, jam, pickles and chutneys all made to the stallholder’s own special recipes.
- Freshly picked, locally grown vegetables.
- Homemade ready meals, soups and pies including Greek and Italian dishes.
- Hanging baskets and tubs sold throughout the year to add a splash of colour to your garden even in the coldest months. There is also a good selection of seasonal garden plants and herbs.
- Fabulous selection of interesting local cheeses and free range eggs.
- Personal items including handmade crafts, jewellery and soaps.
Upcoming dates are
Thursday, November 2, 2017 – 09:30 to 14:30
Thursday, December 7, 2017 – 09:30 to 14:30
Christmas Farmers Market
Saturday, December 23, 2017 – 09:30 to 14:30
For more info on Pavilion Gardens click here
Photo by Judith Washbrook